Re: gnome-libs 2.0 API

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Murray Cumming wrote:

> Can someone give me a URL describing the planned changed to gnome-libs
> 2.0? Hopefully that's not a rhetorical question.
>
> I've seen talk of.
> - Removing GnomeApp and GnomeMDI in favour of the (equally undocumented)
> B(b?)onobo APIs.
> - Adding some GAL/EEL widgets.
>
> BUT I thought that we were just going to port gnome-libs to GTK 2.0, and
> split it into smaller libraries. I remember that someone in the audience
> at GUADEC 2 assured us that he was taking notes of the GNOME 2
> decisions, but I don't remember them being posted anywhere.

The splitting to smaller libraries did happen, look into CVS (modules
libgnome, libgnomeui, etc.)

> Personally I'd like to remove the dodgy APIs and add any APIs that are
> definitely stable, but I can also see why we'd want to leave it until
> later.

Send the patches proposals, survive the flamewar and convinve people to
put them in.

> --
> Murray Cumming
> www.murrayc.com
> murrayc usa net

	Sander,
		just joking about the 'survive the flamewar' part

One day a tortoise will learn to fly
	-- Terry Pratchett, 'Small Gods'