Re: [Gimp-user] Thank you developers, for your patience.

Am 01.07.2012 11:55, schrieb Dave Helgert:
I greatly appreciate the new save/export features of Gimp. It simplifies my workflow greatly as I often
save/export as both jpg and xcf. I realized the benefits of saving to xcf the hard way and now save
important steps as hidden layers so I can always go back and tweak things. I also export jpgs for
comparisons along the way and now it's all easier.

Yes, it's great for heavy-weight(!) workflows (i.e. "often
saving/exporting as both jpg and xcf", "exporting jpgs for comparisons
along the way", requirement of the possibility to "always go back and
tweak things").

But it is annoying for straightforward light-weight(!) workflows: Open a
JPEG, manipulate it, save it.

This is the key problem.

Therefore I suggest to make the new "fool proof" workflow optional, so
everybody can be happy.

--
Johannes