Re: [Gimp-developer] Histograms in unbounded mode sRGB

On 04/24/2014 09:38 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 1:28 PM, Omari Stephens wrote:

How am I supposed to use these colors to make a logo without entering
numbers?

What you are really asking is how you should use Pantone colors in
GIMP, aren't you?

Pantone colors would be awesome, but I figure it's probably not feasible for
legal reasons.

OMG. People still actually believe this long debunked myth? :)
Don't let my misconceptions stop someone from making Pantone easy to use from GIMP :o)

--xsdg

Even so, Pantone doesn't cover every situation, and there
will be plenty of GIMP users who have never heard of Pantone before, or
don't have a book, or whatever other reason.

Where I live companies either have a brandbook with Pantone/CMYK/HSV
colors defined to use on the web and in print, or expect you to use
sRGB triple indeed.

Alexandre