Re: [Gimp-developer] Histograms in unbounded mode sRGB

On 04/24/2014 09:14 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Omari Stephens wrote:
Here's a simple situation where numbers matter:

Suppose I'm a designer.  My client wants a new logo.  They give me a list of
colors that match their branding.

How am I supposed to use these colors to make a logo without entering
numbers?

What you are really asking is how you should use Pantone colors in
GIMP, aren't you?

Pantone colors would be awesome, but I figure it's probably not feasible for legal reasons. Even so, Pantone doesn't cover every situation, and there will be plenty of GIMP users who have never heard of Pantone before, or don't have a book, or whatever other reason.

Those users still need to be able to collaborate, and the least common denominator is generally still an sRGB triple. Moreover, if someone says "make an image that works with the colors on my website," you can't use Pantone with CSS. Again, the least common denominator is an sRGB triple.

--xsdg