Re: [gedit-list] Editor Ideas

Woh!!! Greats Notices!! (se dice así en English??)

It is a very good idea. I wait for these plugin :)

thanks!!

El vie, 12-01-2007 a las 18:37 +0100, Michael Zeising escribió:
chuchi wrote:
> Hi all,
>

>     Have you seen scribes[1] editor?? I'm looking this editor and looks
> like a very interesant editor. We can take some ideas from it. In the
> web you can see some screenshots and a movie. It have boorkmark icons in
> the line number bar (I suppose that gtksource come with it soon) and
> autocomplete words. The other features are in gedit too (snippets
> plugin). I'm surprised by the bookmark icons.
>
> We can incorporate autocompletion in gedit. Gedit autocompletion plugins
> don't woks fine at all. Perhaps i've not choose the correct plugin that
> you use. If you know an autocompletion plugin that remember the writed
> words and show a list with them for select and insert, tell me,
> please!! ;)

Hi chuchi!

You're right, that editor is quite nice. I'm currently writing on a more
complex autocompletion plugin for gedit: an autocompletion for C
functions. It parses the headers you include in your source recursively
and keeps track of them - without much cpu load, of course. I plan to
arrange this like an engine with exchangeable backends - each for one
language. The C backend is almost complete. And I can take the LaTeX
backend from my LaTeX plugin.

Compared to this, the word completion is quite a simple task ;) it'll
form just another backend.

At the moment I'm occupied with my studies but I'm going to file the
code under "AutoCompletionPlugin" at live.gnome.org in a few weeks or so.

Regards,
Michael