Re: [gdm-list] User feedback on multi-seat gdm and ConsoleKit

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, Halton Huo wrote:

On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 16:15 -0800, Wayne Whitney wrote:

4) Audio device ownership isn't getting set at all from either seat.
Current ConsoleKit does not finish implementation to assign the devices
for given seat. Sorry that I can not help you since I have bare
knowledge about the hardware thing.

I do not know what's the current exact plan to proceed with these h/w access issues, but in princible the place where these are to be handled is related to udev. I personally deal the soundcard issue with udev rules that assign the specific pcm devices to specific users because they are always the same. In the future, udev would assign certain devices to certain users based on the seat information, one way or other.

--
Jukka