Re: Can I use gconf's notify feature within an application which has no g_main_loop?

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 06:25:44PM +0800, James Su wrote:
>     I'm writing a program which uses gconf to store the configurations.
> I want to update the program status when some configurations are
> changed, so I used gconf_client_notify_add to hook a callback function.
> But I found that the notifications can not be received if there is no
> g_main_loop running.
>     Could you please tell me how can I use notify in such kind of program?

There is no way currently, unless you have your own main loop and can
figure out how to hook that in to ORBit. It's probably easier to run
the GLib main loop and hook your main loop into that.

If you have no main loop at all, you'd have to use threads or
something, but gconf has no infrastructure for that.