Re: Meeting Minutes Published - February 15th, 2011

Hi Richard,

Richard Stallman wrote:
>     Dave is looking for help in hosting a webinar type session (and you've
>     reminded me to ping the AdBoard).
>
> The choice of codec is a crucial issue here.  To avoid pressuring GNOME
> supporters to use nonfree software, the codec needs to be free.  Also the site
> should not use Flash and it should work with Javascript disabled.

While I agree that we should not encourage the use of proprietary
technology like Flash, in the context of a webinar I will be satisfied
if attendees can access the content with free software such as Gnash. I
am not aware of any webinar platform which requires neither Javascript
or Flash.

Cheers,
Dave.

--