Re: Can we improve things?

Le mercredi 12 septembre 2007, à 17:37 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod a écrit :
> > Because despite Gnome is people, I think that for most people, Planet
> > Gnome is primarily about Gnome.
>
> No.  The way planet started, it was about people.  Or friends in fact.
> I personally am not interested in reading an all technical Planet GNOME.
> For example, more than reading about latest boring feature in Evolution,
> I prefer reading cool cooking recipes or mind wrestling puzzles, *on
> p.g.o*.  It's a way to keep track of what my fellow hackers are doing.

Totally agree. I really like to read cooking recipes every now and then,
or to learn about how life is going on for a friend. Of course, there
are some entries I just skip (eg, Lucas' ones -- just kidding!).

FWIW, there is one situation which can go the "use a GNOME tag" way:
it's about language. For example, only my english posts are going to
Planet GNOME, and those posts are always GNOME or free software posts.
But I'm 100% fine with this since we still didn't change most of the
world to understand French; hopefully we will get there soon! ;-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.