Re: two questions for candidates

Hi,

2007/11/26, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org>:
> 1. Would you change anything in the GNOME Foundation statement about
> OOXML?

I would change the date it was released. :-) I think the most serious
problem about GNOME Foundation participation on ECMA TC45-M was that
it wasn't properly explained and clarified to the community at the
time it started. The statement came after a lot of noise.

About the content, no, I wouldn't change the core message. Anyway,
I've already given my opinion about OOXML on the previous set of
questions.

> 2. How do you think the GNOME Foundation should support the Free
> Software Movement in general?

- By supporting the GNOME community on bringing outstanding user
experience 100% based on Free Software
- By promoting the GNOME Project around the world so that
universities, NGO's, governments, social movements, private companies,
and other organizations know that they can perform their daily tasks
with Free Software
- By promoting the GNOME Project around the world so that we can bring
more contributors to our (and other) communities

--lucasr