Re: GNOME Foundation Elections 2007. Let's start the debate!

<quote who="George Kraft">

> > [6] Some of the tasks of a Board Member are mundane administrative
> > tasks, are you comfortable taking on such tasks as opposed to being
> > always involved in strategic and visionary thinking ?
>
> Handling these mundane administrative tasks is fine for now, but should
> there be an executive director and staff to handle some of this work?

We have a part-time administrator, and have been considering hiring a full
time staffer again. Regardless of staffing, Board members are required to do
mundane administrative tasks -- it's not all rollercoasters and martinis!

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

   "I would hack on the file selector. But I think I would write like, 3
   LOC for every 100 lines of mail I had to read/write." - James Willcox