Re: A question to candidates

Hi,

Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Murray Cumming">
>
>> This is generally caused by the habit of only making decisions in
>> meetings, instead of making decisions on the mailing list. And a tendency
>> to think that all decisions must be unanimous.
>
> A majority of the decisions this year were made on the mailing list, with a
> quorum consensus rather than majority. Plenty slipped through, and tougher
> decisions were deferred to meetings or ultimately not made, but largely due
> to team coherency issues more than anything else. There were *very* few
> times that the Board suffered from consensus gridlock this year, which is a
> good sign.

Backing Jeff up here - in the two years since you were on the board, we
made major steps forward in making decisions on the mailing list. I
think this is one of the most positive aspects of the reduced board size
I encouraged, mixed with a semi-formal mailing list voting policy we
brought in while I was chairman.

Cheers,
Dave.

--