Re: GNOME Foundation Elections 2007. Let's start the debate!

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 11:33 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2007 11:24 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> > * Find a way to better track what the board is currently dealing with,
> >   so nothing gets forgotten. I've tried doing this only with mails and
> >   some notes here and there, but without success. It should be done in a
> >   much stricter way. I'm starting to believe this should be the (main)
> >   job of one of the directors (it's a bit different from being a
> >   secretary, because it implies pinging, pinging, pinging, pinging). I'd
> >   volunteer to do this.
>
> I think it probably works best for the secretary to do this- it is
> different than the traditional role of the secretary, but it isn't a
> problem to add to that role, and since the secretary has to record the
> tasks/actions anyway, it seems reasonable to add it to their plate.
[snip]

This requires authority. Fairly often, after all the niceness has
failed, someone will need to say "This must be done. I'm serious" or "We
need to reassign this task/role. I'm not waiting any longer". Because
the tasks are important.

I think that (and progress tracking in general) is the role of a good
chairperson. Much as I have loved the various chairpersons we've had
over the years, I don't think any of them have done this well enough.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com