Re: Candidacy Announcement for the 2007 GNOME Board Election: George Kraft

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 09:37:07AM -0600, George Kraft wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 03:23 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 14:45 -0600, George Kraft wrote:
> > >
> > > Affl: none
> > > Bio:  http://live.gnome.org/GeorgeKraft
> >
> > Hi George,
> >
> > Great to see you running.  So, you are not with IBM anymore?  In that
> > case your Bio page is outdated.
>
> I still work for IBM, but I would not officially represent them with
> respect to GNOME.

It's not a matter of "official representation" but of whether your
actions might be skewed in favour of your employer, which is fairly easy
to happen if you depend on them for a living.

Even if you don't do that right now and was never asked to do, it's not
impossible that you may be pressured to so in the future, which is why
the affiliation is important

Rui

--
P'tang!
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 27th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?