Re: OOXML [was Re: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 7/6/07]

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 06:19:23AM -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> > Option 3 is useful only if we can veto (or organize a veto, or a stall) of
> > the OOXML progress toward being a standard.  The current participation is
> > not of that manner.
>
> I have a significant problem with the ethics of that.  Being on a
> standardization committee requires good faith participation.  To
> join with the intent of sabotage is unacceptable.  Indeed that is
> one of the few areas even MS has not yet descended to.   They could
> easily have joined ODF, or had their minions attack it.

Current Sub Committe 34 of ISO/JTC1 is currently stopped because the new
P-member countries only voted for MS-OOXML and don't bother to vote about
anything else, so far.

Three votes have already been stalled thanks to strange vote apathy:
	http://www.jtc1sc34.org/repository/0902.htm
	http://www.jtc1sc34.org/repository/0909.htm
	http://www.jtc1sc34.org/repository/0910.htm

What does SC-34 also control?

RELAX NG, Schematron, Topic Maps, ODF, PDF...

Considering evidence was found that they bought members in Sweden, that
they forged the support of the Andaluzan Regional Government, etc...

I'd pretty much say they not only descended, but are actively seeking to
go deeper than the Mariana Trench.

Rui

--
You are what you see.
Today is Boomtime, the 15th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?