Re: debug machine (was Re: Minutes of the Board meeting, 2006/Oct/25)

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 21:38 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Fernando Herrera wrote:
> > Ey, maybe we could use this machine as a future debug server.
>
> What's a debug server?

Maybe a GNOME desktop with a TotalView install plus such a team license
on it? :)

plzplzplz *puppy face* (expensive for an individual like me)

Ah, probably not. Back to valgrind and gdb then ... they also help me
getting the most important pieces of a typical debugging job done.

And of course, TotalView is not free software. Something like that would
probably turn into yet another bitkeeper-like fight (maybe as a result
would a lot gnome developers start making cool debugging software? like
what happened with things like git?)

--
Philip Van Hoof, software developer
home: me at pvanhoof dot be