Re: [Fwd: Re: Beginning of the 2005 GNOME Foundation elections]

As a member of membership committee I can honestly say that Vincent's
instant leaving membership committee would end up problems with
elections as well. That must be the real reason that kept him in
committee still.

Even though we have experienced some as members in past, other members
of membership commitee apart from Vincent are all new commitee members
(as far as I know), and we haven't accomplished any election before.
Moreover, there's a new system that elections will be running with new
Foundation Membership management system using modern databases instead
of old text based storage. I also want to mention that we owe these to
Vincent's coordinating stuff and invaluable work on this system.

Since this system is new and some parts of it unfinished, it seems like
Vincent choosed to stay on committee even though he declared his
candidacy.

My previous talks with Vincent is that he will be able to pass
management to committee as system is completely finished and managable
with web interface instead of mysql clients before elections start. I
just wanted to clearify this issue incase there're some who are not
aware of Vincent's status about being committee member and a candidacy.

I totally understand concerns about this, and I'm not a lawyer of
Vincent Untz, but I just wanted to drop in to the issue and give some
information about it as a member of membership committee. Maybe I'm not
objective enough as I really think Vincent will be successful in Board
as well. Being someone worked with Vincent on membership commitee and I
personally trust him, but I'm pretty sure he'll leave committee as soon
as he complete the work on new membership system. I have not information
if there's something against this situation in bylaws of foundation, but
I hope there's nothing against it.