Re: [Fwd: Re: Beginning of the 2005 GNOME Foundation elections]

> If the announce was not clear or if the informations can not be easily
> found, please send a mail to the committee so it can be improved next
> year.

An improvement would be to include some comments on the "campaign". I
don't know if it should be about rules or netiquette. For instance:

- Recommendation to send a brief email announcing the will to present
candidacy.
- Allowed use of lists and etc to introduce and promote candidacies.
- Access to planet.gnome.org (at least during the eection period) to
those candidates with blog.
- Cool and uncool (?) ways to introduce and promote your candidacy.

This would help disoriented new candidates (like myself) moving
appropriately between silence and abuse or offtopic.

Not that I'm giving much importance to campaign, nor that I think we
should spent much energies campaigning. It's just that there are no
comments about this part of the election process, in contrast to other
parts that are so well defined.

--
Quim Gil      http://interactors.coop | http://desdeamericaconamor.org