Re: gnome-logos package

About Ray's package and Luis Villa's post:
http://tieguy.org/blog/index.cgi/524

I think the Foundation needs official logos owned by the Foundation to
be used by the official GNOME projects in order to give consistancy to
the GNOME brand.

But I also think that we should make a more extensive use of the right
to implement authorised modifications stated in
http://live.gnome.org/LogoGuidelines . For instance, the GUADEC needs a
logo, the foot is a good starting point but the word "GNOME" conflicts
with "GUADEC", and a designer will have a hard time to come up with a
cool proposal that fully keeps the original logo.

And I definitely think we should encourage the community to express
themselves with logo variations that will be clearly unnofficial but
respected by the Foundation unless we find they are offensive or
something, and then "we'll lart you publicly" (if you deserve it).

I'm not sure about the legal implications of this (is this a "lesser"
trademark license?), but from a marketing perspective sounds like the
consistant and useful way to proceed.

En/na Ray Strode ha escrit:

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org