Re: RealMedia used for GUADEC live transmissions?

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 13:29, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 15:21, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> > That is utter crap. How can the "best solution" be something that is
> > contradictory to the GNOME spirit?
> >
> > The GNOME project was born as an effort to create an entirely free
> > desktop environment for free systems.
>
> You're counting out the large chunks of pragmatism and practicality that
> are also part of "the GNOME spirit".

None of those large chunks has, so far, been so "pragmatic" or
"pratical" to suggest it is a best solution to move to non-free
libraries, or have them? What you're calling "pragmatic" is, IMHO,
short-sight.

> Anyway, there's no sense in hearing you complain about it further,
> because it's done now, and yes, everyone has always been interested in
> doing it with Free tools, and will be in the future. It's on everyone's
> minds. I'm sure you will enjoy all of the GU4DEC multimedia stuff when
> it has been converted to Speex format anyway.

I'm truly looking forward, that's excellent news.

And please remember that I didn't limit to complaining. I proposed other
ways to do it as well.

Regards, Rui

+ So let's do it...?