Re: RealMedia used for GUADEC live transmissions?

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 15:21, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> That is utter crap. How can the "best solution" be something that is
> contradictory to the GNOME spirit?
>
> The GNOME project was born as an effort to create an entirely free
> desktop environment for free systems.

You're counting out the large chunks of pragmatism and practicality that
are also part of "the GNOME spirit".

Anyway, there's no sense in hearing you complain about it further,
because it's done now, and yes, everyone has always been interested in
doing it with Free tools, and will be in the future. It's on everyone's
minds. I'm sure you will enjoy all of the GU4DEC multimedia stuff when
it has been converted to Speex format anyway.

- Jeff