Re: Non-free software and GNOME

On Mon, 2001-10-29 at 13:25, Wolfgang Sourdeau wrote:
> La plume légère, à Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 06:13:57PM +0100, heure d'inspiration,
> Alan Cox écrivait en ces mots:
> > Gnome summaries are not a part of the GNU project. At least I don't believe
> > the authors are signing them over to GNU..
>
> They are published on GNOME's official site. Therefore they are part of the
> project's documentation.

OK, so I guess the argument is over, resolved by that resounding burst
of flatus.

Let me give a hearty PUUUH-LEEEZE! to the assertion that just because
something is published on gnome.org, it's "part of the project's
documentation", and therefore the content reflects on the project as a
whole.  GNOME is a collaborative project full of people with different
perspectives, and the GNOME Summary is just one of them speaking up.

Bill Gribble