Re: How dead is f-spot

On 04/02/2016 11:22, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
Sorry to tell you, that you are converting from one dead project to
another :-)
Yorba (the company behind Shotwell) has not been working on it since
about one year ago, and the project only receives few bugfixes
contributed by the community or downstream distributions.
Bugs filed on the project are left pretty much unanswered.

Ciao,
   Alberto

That's my experience too. I reluctantly abandoned f-spot - not due to lack of features but lack of stability. I liked it a lot. shotwell is ok but has some enormously frustrating limitations. I came across a favourite again yesterday: Browsing a selection of images and want to remove a particular tag from the selected images. Can't be done. I'd be prepared to go through a bit of pain to go back to f-spot if it was stable. It had all the basic features I needed as a photo management system.

Dougie