F-spot and Banshee

Hello everybody,

I've read some days ago the blog of Aaron Bockover about Banshee 2.0 (and f-spot) (http://abock.org/2009/07/14/exciting-updates-on-the-road-to-banshee-2-0).  I've been waiting for f-spot developper's view on all this but didn't find any (maybe I was not looking to the right places...).

What are the plans for F-spot with all this?  Is there any real advantages?  Disadvantages? What are they?

I'm asking out of pure curiosity.  I've seen in the code that F-Spot is already using some Banshee components.  Is it it?  Or the plans are to become a "photo frontend/component" of Banshee itself?

I'd love to have the insight of developpers on all that.

Thanks!:)