Some UI comments...

Hi everybody!

I've seen in git (and today in Ruben's blog http://weblog.savanne.be/178-folders-to-the-side) the new folder view and it's awesome!  I was wondering if there where any plans to implement actual photo manipulation from that view or if it where planned to leave it as "search by folder" view?

Thanks to anyone that emplemented it!

On the UI design's side: is there any plans to implement some sort of separator into the catalog view?  I would see it similar to what Digikam is showing (here's a good example, look the central view: http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/3412377160/sizes/m/ ).

When I'm browsing a great rage of pictures, having such logical separators (be it by tag, date, folder, ranking) would help me a lot.

I have some other suggestions about UI... is this list a good place to put them or shall I file bugs bugzilla instead?

Thanks!:)

P.S.  I'm coding (a little) python, but I have no base into C/C++/C# coding... I would (really) love to help on that side, but I really don't know where to start... any suggestions (readings, some bite-size bug to look into, examples?)

I have a problem figuring the logic behind what seems the basics (class/function/methods declarations/instanciations, namespace lookup, architecture, etc).