Re: problem with network disks

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 3:16 AM, Antti Ahonen <aahonen gmail com> wrote:
Now I seem to have some problems with working with the network drives. I thought that they work the same way the USB drives do:
import, choose not to copy files to folder, and wait for the operation to finish.

It gives me this error message:

Error stating file '/home/antti/smb:/nsd012345/p1_a_1/photos/2008/09': No such file or directory

It's beyond the scope of F-Spot, but basically you want to get the Samba share mounted first. USB drives mount as /media/usb (for example) so they're a "local" folder. You can do the same with Samba shares, as far as I know, but I'm not sure how.

Hope this gets you looking in the right direction!

--
Andrew Conkling
http://andrewski.net