problem with network disks

Hi.
Since I moved mostly to working with my laptop, I have had to figure out some new ways to store pictures. I only have 30gb in the machine, 160gb usb disk and I am trying to set up my main archive on nework drives.

Now I seem to have some problems with working with the network drives. I thought that they work the same way the USB drives do:
import, choose not to copy files to folder, and wait for the operation to finish.

It gives me this error message:

Error stating file '/home/antti/smb:/nsd012345/p1_a_1/photos/2008/09': No such file or directory

So I was just wondering if anybody has any ideas what is wrong, and how to get it working, I would appreciate it.

-Antti