adjust colors not working/unable to upgrade

I am using some SVN  built, which reports as "F-Spot  0.4.2". I can't "adjust
colors" but do many other adjustments fine. It never happened to me before.

So I figured may be it is time to get the latest built since there is a
recent stable release as well, but I can't do that either. It now complains
about my version of mono which does not seem to work with Ubuntu Feisty Fawn
(yes, this particular computer is behind upgrades, because of internet
issues).

So I want to see if I can fix the color adjust issue without going to a new
version.

I apologize if this is in bugs and/or answered already, I can't find it.

Other warnings I get with autogen.sh are:

Please add the files
  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
  progtest.m4
from the /aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
Running intltoolize...
Running libtoolize...
Running aclocal-1.9  ...
acinclude.m4:5: warning: underquoted definition of F_CHECK_BERKELEYDB
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

[snip]

checking for F... configure: error: Package requirements (libgnome-2.0 >=
2.2 libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.2 libexif >= 0.5.7 libexif < 0.7.0 glade-sharp-2.0
>= 2.8 gnome-vfs-sharp-2.0 >= 2.8 gtk+-2.0 >= 2.6 mono >= 1.1.7 mono-cairo
>= 1.2.4) were not met:

Requested 'mono-cairo >= 1.2.4' but version of Mono.Cairo is 1.2.3.1