Re: [Evolution] How do you retroactively train Bogofilter's spam / ham filters on multiple computers using existing messages (on an IMAP account)?

On Thu, 2022-10-13 at 15:38 -0400, Jeff via evolution-list wrote:
I went to my laptop to do the same, and there... it doesn't let me do
that at all (those actions are grayed out, even though Bogofilter is
installed and enabled there), presumably because Evolution marked
them on the server with some sort of IMAP flag I would guess?

        Hi,
you are right, the use case with multiple clients is "a problem".
According to a code comment, there is no indication that the message
had been marked as not-junk, which might confuse the users, maybe. The
idea is that you do not need to pass the same message multiple times to
the spam filtering software.

A "workaround" can be to add a message which was not mark as junk nor
not-junk yet into the folder and then select all the messages, which
will enable both of the actions.

As you mentioned, copying the bogofilter database can be done too, only
make sure you use the same bogofilter version on both machines, to
avoid problems in case the two versions would expect different database
format.

        Bye,
        Milan