[Evolution] Evolution binaries for my own account in Linux

I am using Scientific Linux 6.10.

I'm not allowed to have the root password for my computer, so I can't
install something newer.

In Scientific Linux 6.10, the version of Evolution is 2.32.3.

Sending a message using Evolution occasionally produces a message such
as

        550 DMARC Sender Invalid - envelope rejected

or

        550-5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from ... is not accepted
        due to 550-5.7.26 domain's DMARC policy.

The people who manage the smtp server insist the problem is emanating
from my computer, not their server.  Sometimes the message mentions my
computer, not the institutional smtp server.  My "sending" tab in
Evolution settings specifies the institutional smtp server, not my
computer.

Is this problem known?  Does it depend upon a setting within my
computer?  Is it repaired in Evolution 3.34 (it doesn't happen if I send
the same message using Thunderbird)?

Can I get binaries to install Evolution 3.34 in /home/opt on my computer
(I'm allowed to own that directory)?  I downloaded sources and tried to
build it, but got another "You Idiot! You have an antique operating
system!" message:

        CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:3 (cmake_minimum_required):
          CMake 3.1 or higher is required.  You are running version
        2.8.12.2

I tried to install cmake, but it wants a newer gettext than the
installed one, ....