[Evolution] two calendar entries added when accepting EWS meeting request

When I receive a meeting request from others at my employer (uses
Outlook org-wide, so I connect with the EWS extension), I find that
sometimes I get the expected entry in my calendar, but also another
entry around our UTC offset later (we are in ACDT +10:30). I suspect
because of this it is due to an incorrect handling of time zones, but
irritatingly, it is not necessarily reproducible at will (I have just
ask for two test meetings to try to replicate this and both failed,
though another meeting at the same time as one of them produced this
effect earlier today - perhaps my current time factors into the
behaviour).

Is this a known thing?

The version of Evolution I am using is 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1

thanks
Dan Kortschak