Re: [Evolution] validating an evolution ICS file

Hi everybody,

please take a look at the forwarded message [1].
FWIW here is where to subscribe to the Eviolution mailing list:

Evolution is an Ubuntu "universe" repository package, it is not a "main"
repository package and apart from that, in April 2017 it was announced
that Phone support will be dropped.

Since Ubuntu migrated (back) to GNOME and Evolution is the GNOME MUA, it
would be interesting to hear an opinion from Mark Shuttleworth, not only
related to the OP's issue, but also to understand for what reason
Evolution is that often broken on Ubuntu and why it is not in the "main"
repository, while GNOME is the default DE of Ubuntu.

Since years I'm an Arch Linux, as well as Ubuntu user.

[root@archlinux moonstudio]# lsb_release -a
LSB Version:    1.4
Distributor ID: Arch
Release:        rolling
Codename:       n/a
[root@archlinux moonstudio]# systemd-nspawn -q lsb_release -a
LSB Version:    core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-amd64:core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-
noarch:security-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-amd64:security-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-
noarch
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        16.04
Codename:       xenial

I stopped using Evolution on Ubuntu years ago, since Evolution on Ubuntu
is a PITA.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]