Re: [Evolution] Ordering of folders when filtering

On Wed, 2016-05-11 at 15:34 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
On Wed, 2016-05-11 at 11:40 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

That's interesting information I wasn't aware of. I thought Evo
still
used the \Recent flag. So how does it determine "newness" now?
      Hi,
anything what is recognized new in the folder (not new as "without
the '\Seen' flag", but new as "not in the local summary yet") is
considered as recent, thus processed through filtering. It's this way
for quite some time (many releases).

OK. In that case I suspect we may have misinformed some list members
asking about how all this works, hopefully not by too much.

It would be helpful to have an architecture document where this kind of
thing is specified, along the lines of what used to be called
"Principles of Operation". The recent question about filters would also
be suitable for such a document. Perhaps something in the form of a
Wiki so others could add material at will. Just a thought (I don't
really know what we'd be letting ourselves in for :-)

poc