Re: [Evolution] Backing up Evolution Data

Evolution conforms to Gnome standards, because it's a Gnome
application.  Firefox/Thunderbird aren't Gnome applications - if they
were they should store their data according to Gnome guidelines.

Ok, then?

Look, I'm not saying one way or the other is correct.  They are
different.  Evo conforms to certain standards as is necessary for it to
be a well behaved Gnome application. Plenty of other applications do
the same thing, just look in ~/.config - if anything TB & FF are the
exceptions.  (SSH is not a desktop application, so is not comparable.)

From this info:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/data-storage.html.en
I understand want to copy this folder:

    ~/.local/share/evolution
    ~/.config/evolution
    ~/.cache/evolution

No, don't copy .cache - it's a cache and contains throwaway data.

    ~/.config/dconf (*)
But into ~/.config/dconf are stored all DCONF setting of all other
application, an in this case I want to copy only Evo settings, not
the rest.

You don't want to copy dconf data using file copies unless you really
know what you are doing.

Some can suggest how to do a full restore of Evo settings and data
from a backup to a new PC?

Create a new temporary Linux account. Restore your home directory to
that, run Evolution and create a backup and save the file somewhere. De
lete the temporary account.  Restore the backup to your own account
within Evolution.

P.