Re: [Evolution] Evolution doesn't start

I'm sorry, but where did you get such steps for a restore from a
backup?
it came out of the directions on http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Evolution
(see point "Backups").

Perhaps some of our German speakers might like to edit that page - to at
least say that the command

 gconftool --load=$HOME/.local/share/evolution/backup-restore-gconf.xml

Is, at best, WRONG - and that it will probably cause a corruption of the
GConf data for Evolution.

There appears to be lots of other things wrong with the page - but since
I'm reading it using Google translate I don't think it right of me to
comment - for instance one bit appears to say that

        Evolution stores its data like emails, address book in your home
        directory under

        ~/.local/Share/evolution/mail/local/folders.db

Is it the same in the German?

If this is the quality of the information being used by Ubuntu users,
the it possibly explains why there are a lot of them coming here with
problems.

P.