Re: [Evolution] [Bulk] Re: Editing a contact closes Evolution

On Sat, 2014-08-02 at 15:22 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Wed, 2014-07-23 at 13:02 -0400, Joe Messing wrote:
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Evolution 3.2.3

When I try to edit an email address in an existing contact, After
hitting close, Evolution goes dark and shuts down.

Stacktrace welcome:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Community/GettingInTouch/Bugzilla/GettingTraces
I'm extremely sure this has been fixed in a more recent version of
Evolution so check your distribution's bugtracker if there is a ticket
covering it (and backporting a fix) - 3.2 is more than two years old.

Before debugging, test what happens if you move or delete the cache.

First try

$ mv ~/.cache/evolution ~/.cache/evolution.BAK

and perhaps try

$ mv ~/.cache/ ~/.cache.BAK

2 Cents,
Ralf

PS: IIRC here was such an issue a few years ago. I'm an Arch user, but
sometimes I try to help newbies with real-time audio and caring about
Ubuntu Studio seems to be a good way to help novices. There was a GNOME
related cache issue, but I don't remember for what *buntu version.