Re: [Evolution] Time drifting using Android - Exchange 2010 - Evolution

On Fri, 2013-05-31 at 09:27 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
On Thu, 2013-05-30 at 22:49 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
DTSTART:20130602T180000
DTEND:20130602T190000

Hm, that's odd. Shouldn't those end with a 'Z' to indicate that they are
in GMT? Then they'd be correct, right? The meeting was actually at 18:00
GMT?

      Hi,
let's call it UTC, not GMT, to have same terminology as in RFC.

I sometimes like to use 'GMT' just to reinforce the "GMT does *not* mean
UK time" message. :)

Date/time stored this way, without timezone, is called "floating" [1],
which means that it's in your case between 18 - 19 in whatever timezone
you see the event. If you read the section at [1] carefully, then you'll
notice that it's not good to use floating times, thus I'd say that the
phone software is a bit lazy (though it depends on actual data received
from the Exchange server).

A bug on evolution's side might be that it doesn't convert the time to
your Europe/Oslo timezone, but rather to UTC,

It's allowed to convert it to UTC. And as I said, I'd usually expect
*Exchange* do to that for a non-recurring meeting anyway.

and then convert it to Europe/Oslo,

When you display a meeting, it's always converted to the local timezone,
whatever that happens to be at the time.

--
dwmw2