Re: [Evolution] Time drifting using Android - Exchange 2010 - Evolution

On Thu, 2013-05-30 at 22:49 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
DTSTART:20130602T180000
DTEND:20130602T190000

Hm, that's odd. Shouldn't those end with a 'Z' to indicate that they are
in GMT? Then they'd be correct, right? The meeting was actually at 18:00
GMT?

        Hi,
let's call it UTC, not GMT, to have same terminology as in RFC.

Date/time stored this way, without timezone, is called "floating" [1],
which means that it's in your case between 18 - 19 in whatever timezone
you see the event. If you read the section at [1] carefully, then you'll
notice that it's not good to use floating times, thus I'd say that the
phone software is a bit lazy (though it depends on actual data received
from the Exchange server).

A bug on evolution's side might be that it doesn't convert the time to
your Europe/Oslo timezone, but rather to UTC, and then convert it to
Europe/Oslo, but I imported your event into my calendar and it behaves
correctly according to [1], it sticks at 6PM to 7PM on Sunday June 2nd
either I look on it in EST or CET timezone (this is with git master,
development 3.9.2 version, but it might be quite the same as stable
3.8.2).