Re: [Evolution] Evolution-3.2.2: Opening calendar to a specified date?

On 12/12/2011 11:29 PM, Milan Crha wrote:

The correct approach is to get the time you
want to see in evolution, convert it to UTC and with it call evolution.
If your timezone in evolution matches the one used in the application
you call evolution from, then you get the correct date, as expected.

My old (and satisfactory) way of opening evolution-calendar is now obsolete
with gnome3, and that is the real reason for all of my questions.

I have no idea how the new gnome-shell is intended to open the evolution
calendar, but for me it always opens to today's date -- and that is never
the way I want to use it.

I want to click on a specific date in the date applet in the gnome-shell
and then edit my evolution appointments for that date, not today's date.

I guess my real question is whether that old behavior is implemented in the
new gnome-shell (yet) or not.  For me, the behavior I actually see is a giant
step backward (along with several other 'features' of gnome3 unrelated to
evolution).

Thanks for answers and your patience :)