Re: [Evolution] calendar one day to early

On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 11:22 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

Right-click on calendar entry and select "Save as iCalendar" - there
will be information in the iCal file about the time zone and the exact
dates.  This will show if the entry itself is correct.

I took the entry from eastern sunday as example which I didnot change
sofar:

I presume that Easter Sunday is 8th April 2012 - it is on my calendar
anyway.  So I see a problem:

DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20120407
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20120408

In my entry that I just created for Easter Sunday 2012 it says

        DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20120408
        DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20120409

So somewhere along the line the wrong dates have been entered - it might
well have been a timezone problem when you imported the information from
elsewhere?

I seem to recall that quite a few versions back evolution had a bug
concerning timezones and all day events, that gave that effect
(basically if your timezone was East of the Greenwich meridian, your
all-day events would be one day off). If the holiday calendar was
imported back then, then that is very likely the problem.

Since the actual entries now have the wrong info in them, I suspect the
only way you can deal with it is to manually alter everything.

I would suggest the following:
1) Go to list view
2) Select Search->Advanced Search
3) Add condition "Location" "Contains" "Deutchland"; press OK
4) For each event; press Ctrl D to delete it
5) Press the right arrow for next month (why can list view only cover
one month?)
6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all events are deleted
7) Import a new holiday calendar, e.g.
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/caldata/GermanHolidays.ics

Good luck.

Best,