Re: [Evolution] migration from an old system using dot-evolution

On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 16:19 -0500, seth lytle wrote:
i have a backup of an old system that contains an evolution install.
i'd like to be able to migrate it to my current system. in the past
i've been able to do this by copying the .evolution directory and
starting evolution.

If that ever worked, you were lucky. It's not supposed to.

but today i tried this, and evolution doesn't appear to recognize the
existing .evolution directory. it silently ignores it, and starts the
"evolution setup wizard". it has an option "restore evolution from a
backup file", but it won't use the existing directory.

i don't know what version of evolution i was running on the old system
- it could be a year or two old. my current version is GNOME evolution
2.22.3.1

http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#How_can_I_transfer_all_my_Evolution_data_between_computers.2Fto_a_new_partition.2Fto_a_new_computer.3F

poc