Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.4.2.1 and LDAP addressbook

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 06.06.2006, 23:36 +0300 schrieb Yavor Doganov:
Juergen Dankoweit wrote:

today I have given up using a global address book with Evolution
2.4.2.1. The most angry point is that I have spent hours with
that...

The troubles went on.
After a short hardware down time I restarted my server. Now Evo 2.4.2.1
again has problems with LDAP. And now I will never use the feature
"global address book" at any time. I will program a tool which
corresponds with LDAP and with the local Evo address book.

I our firm we have tested a new version of Evolution and guess what
happens? Right, the LDAP support doesn't work, too!
I'm angry about this because I spent hours to solve problems that I
cannot solve.

Instead of implementing new features all the time it would be much
better to solve EXISTING problems like LDAP support, performance
(especially mail filtering!), storing window positions (no, the window
manager doesn't do that!) and instability (wich sometimes causes lost
emails!).

Best regards

JÃrgen

--
This e-mail was scanned with a private,
non-commercial version of AntiVir MailGate.