Re: [Evolution] delay when sending mail

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 21:44 +0200, guenther wrote:
The time between finishing composition of a mail and that very mail
being actually sent (including the un-bolding of Outbox) is *not*
"abnormally long" in Evolution. It may be the case for *you* with your
particular environment. Please do not over generalize, just because you
happen to have an issue.

In fact, every single mail I send that stays in Outbox for longer than 2
seconds for me includes large-ish attachments.

I can speak for myself, my messages don't even register in the outbox as
far as I can tell.  I press "SEND" and the message disappears forever.

My current experience with Evolution is that everything happens
instantly.  It loads in less than two seconds, it sends immediately and
there are no pauses as I view messages.

My mail servers are NOT particularly fast, neither is my P4/500MB
computer (Gentoo Linux, Gnome Desktop).

So while this isn't a solution, it is certainly part of the original
question.  Why is Evolution so slow for some people and not for others?