Re: [Evolution] My sent folder does not get synchronized

Nah, I'm not getting worked up [1] about it. It's just that I don't see
the need to document things like this. But then I am fully aware that I
am not a regular user and sometimes have professional blinders on [2].
In fact, I never read the documentation (I only happen to know who wrote
parts of it), so I don't know if it is any good. ;-)

That works for you, but I'm afraid it's a non-starter for Joe User. IMHO

Agreed, Evo needs a good documentation. My point simply being, that I
don't know how good the current documentation already is. I do know for
a fact that knowledgeable people did work on it in the past -- but since
I did not read it, I can't talk about its quality.

Evo needs a) a tutorial introduction, and b) a reference manual, both of
which should be fully searchable. It more or less has (a) in the form of
the online help (which has been improving, but still has no search), but
there's no sign of (b), and that's where you need someone with intimate
knowledge of how the software really works. I strongly suspect we don't
have a (b) because Evo doesn't really have a written specification that
developers adhere to. This is par for the course in free software
development, but it does have its downside.

Reference manual, written specification? If I get that right, you are
about development -- this one should come pretty close:

 http://go-evolution.org/Main_Page

Beside this reference, inclusion in the GNOME Desktop demands a certain
level of documentation for the API. Please don't ask me for details on
this one, though. ;)

...guenther