Re: [Evolution] My sent folder does not get synchronized

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 02:12 +0100, guenther wrote:
the sending options to "secure connection: never" (because I
send through an ISP that doesn't support SSL), but I don't think the
sending options matter for the copy since it's not done via SMTP.

True.

This
is pure speculation of course, since none of it is documented AFAIK.

Huh? What do you mean?

No, Evolution does not explicitly claim that choosing a folder on the
IMAP server uses the IMAP protocol, and does not use SMTP. And it does
not need to. What's the point here anyway?

When setting up a non-default Sent folder, choosing a mail folder on
my
IMAP server, it should be clear that this folder is accessed using
this
very protocol, no? I'm slightly confused...

Nothing to get worked up about Guenther, just my perennial complaint
about lack of documentation :-)

poc