[Evolution] "Preview Pane" in different window?

Hello,

I was looking at Evolution lately - since my mail client sylpheed is
really bad at imap. There are lots of things I really like about
evolution (virtual folders and search speed being on the top of my
list), but one thing has prevented me from switching to it: while I can
figure out how to switch of the "Preview Pane" it does not seem to be
possible to have the preview in a different window from the one showing
the message trees and so on ... using two flat panels, and an ion
desktop dedicated to my communication needs I really am not prepared to
give up that convenience. Is there any way to achieve this behavior with
evolution?

Using Evolution 2.2.2 on a debian unstable system.

Thanks for any hint, Joh