Re: [Evolution] Inconsistent expunge behaviour

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 11:42 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 08:49 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

Anyway there was no need to file a bug, there is a prompt for
this,
and by default it will ask, you must've turned it off in the past
-
there is no (need for a) visible option to re-enable it (and many
other similar options).

In previous versions of Evo I did get a prompt. At one time I did
turn
it off, decided it was too dangerous and turned it on again (by
selecting the "confirm when expunging a folder" box under Mail
Preferences). That box is still ticked. What has changed is Evo's
behaviour. That's what I'm complaining about.

Perhaps 2.2 doesn't consider that requiring confirmation to expunge
folder means I also want confirmation to empty trash (which includes
expunging each folder). Previous versions did follow this logic. If
2.2
is different, there should be a separate option.

Well, they are separate options as i said  previously.  But you must
have set 'do not ask me this again' at some point.  There is no way to
adjust the option in the ui, but it still exists.

Then I suggest there should be an option to change it back. My
understanding of "do not ask me again" is "do not pop up a dialog(ue)
box asking about this", not "freeze me forever into this mode with no
possibility of changing it except by editing an XML file".

And just to be clear: I have Evo 2.2.1.1 on three machines. They all
have exactly the same options set under Mail Preferences. I have not
changed any of these options since Evo 2.0. Under 2.0 the Empty Trash
behaviour was as I wanted (and has been for over a year). Under one of
the 2.2.1.1 instances, it's also correct, but under the other two it
isn't. I've no idea why, and of course I can't discard the possibility
of operator error, but not having a UI interface to fix this is just
wrong. Even if I wanted it one way at some point in time, am I not
allowed to change my mind? Remember that under 2.0 I did precisely that
(by ticking the Confirm Expunge box).

poc