Re: [Evolution] Sorting contacts

Please, do not reply to an unrelated thread, if you actually wanna start
a new one. Instead of replying, clicking the link-style (blue,
underlined) email address in the header of any mail would be perfect.

I'm using Evolution 1.4.5 from Fedora Core 1 and I imported all my
contacts from several Mozilla adress books to several contact folders
in Evolution.

My problem is that contacts were imported in such a way that they are
archived with the contact's last name appearing first and then the
rest of the name, and are sorted in this way, which is very
frustrating as I was used to find contacts easily just by looking at
the first name...

So I ask if there is a way to sort contacts by name instead of by the
name archived by evolution? Or interfere in the importing process to
avoid this?

Different solutions come to mind:

1)  The default search option (drop down menu) is "Name begins with",
which will check first- and surname. So if you wanna get all Contacts
beginning with "gu", simply enter this string in the search text field
and hit enter. You should get my Contact info listed [1] regardless of
filing "guenther" als first- or surname [2]

2)  You can add different columns, like Full Name. Right click the
column header, "Add a Column" and drag-n-drop the header from the list.

The Full Name (as opposed to File As") should be what you are searching
for anyways. Then simply sort on Full Name or any other column by
clicking the column header.

...guenther

[1] Whoa, don't tell me you are missing my Contact. ;-)

[2] Which is neither of them. Ask bugzilla about my real name. ;-)