Re: [Evolution] Repeating folders in Evolution 1.5, IMAP slowness

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 20:05 -0500, Bruce A. Mallett wrote:
A while back I grabbed Fedora FC2 and tried the Evolution 1.5.  At that
time I saw a problem where all of my IMAP folders were repeated.   This
weekend I reloaded that system with SuSE 9.0, tried 1.4.6 on it, and
then grabbed Evolution 1.5 development version via red carpet.  It too
has that problem (1.4.x does not).

It appears that as soon as I uncheck "Check all folders" in the email
settings that I get the duplicated folders.  Once this happens there is
no going back: re-checking that option does not get rid of the problem.

Folders are duplicated in the tree such that there is one occurance of
the top level folder for each subfolder in the tree plus one for each
top-level folder.  Thus if the tree looks like this:
  TopFolder1
    SubFolder1
    SubFolder2
      SubSubFolder1

Then Evolution will show 4 copies of "TopFolder1" (and each will have
the entire subtree under it).

I'm attaching a couple of screenshots to help clarify.  I'm curious if
I'm the only one seeing this or is this a known problem?

Works for me.  Might be that test version you tried.  Try rm -rf
~/.evolution/mail/imap/<user host>, then re-start evolution.  You may
also have the folders subscribed multiple times, so try tweaking that.

Also why is Evolution so slow with IMAP (which is what got me started
trying 1.5 in the first place)?  Mozilla Messenger sync.s my folders,
brings up my inbox, does filtering, and junk mail filtering all within
about the amount of time it takes the window to appear.  Evolution takes
anywhere from 4 to 7 minutes and I've not even got filters installed on
it.  It was in trying to figure this slowness out that I was trying
turning off the check-all-folders option as well as in trying the next
version of Evolution.

Evolution's imap just sucks?  Tho if its that slow, i dont know, perhaps
its doing more work, mozilla only opens inbox last i saw, not other
folders.  vFolders can affect it.  In short *shrug*.