Re: [Evolution] Compiled and installed; Now more problems getting started

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 20:52, Not Zed wrote:
try running bonobo-slay (it'll reboot your wohle desktop if you run the
gnome one) and re-run.

That didn't work.

dunno what else.  maybe stuff isn't in the bonobo server files path,
note that the bonobo-activation-server is used to run everything else on
a gnome desktop, and it might not have the BONOBO_ACTIVATION_PATH set
right.

What should I have it include?  I think I'll have to run a wrapper at
startup anyway--to set all sorts of env vars--so I can just add this to
the list.

I get around this by not running any gnome desktop on my devel platform,
it just causes too many conflicts.

I'm not *running* Gnome either, should I uninstall it?  (I thought Evo
needed Gnome to run...)